Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Empty Pantry - Almost . . .


This one's going to be short and dirty.

Last night I had Tuna Melt Nachos for supper.  I haven't been grocery shopping in a bit and I was out of bread.  There are crackers (3 kinds even) in the pantry so I certainly could have had the tuna salad on those but I wanted melty cheese and tomatoes in the mix and a cracker just didn't do it for me.  So . . . I dumped those tortilla chip shards on the baking pan, dolloped the tuna salad around, sliced up some campari tomatoes, topped it all with some shredded cheddar and mozzarella and popped it into the toaster oven for several minutes til everything got nice and toasty.  It turned out pretty well and I recommend it.  If you like the components, you''ll like the result.

As I sat enjoying my supper, I thought back to some other memorable-because-they-were-odd dinners that I've had.  Favorite to date had been popcorn and broccoli.  I was starving when I got home from work so I popped some corn to munch on while I planned dinner.  Ended up eating a ton of popcorn and then thought I should have something somewhat healthy so I steamed up some broccoli and topped it with fresh squeezed lemon and ground pepper.  It was all delicious - possibly because of its unconventionality.

My message today is - enjoy what you do in every moment - no matter how unconventional it seems at the time.  That is often where the fondest memories are born.

Rock on, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment