Friday, February 3, 2012

And so it goes . . .


I had the opportunity this morning to sit with a some great folks and talk about the "valleys" that we have all experienced in our lives.  You know - those times when things look bleak or something has happened and no light seems to be shining in your life.  I mentioned a sign that I had seen - When you're going through hell . . . keep going!! I believe that The Big G doesn't give us more than we can handle.  And he gives us others in our lives who are there to help us - if we let them.  So we talked too about allowing another to help you climb out of said valley.  The blessing for you is that your time there is shortened or the pain and suffering you endure is lessened.  But the real kicker is that you have opened up a space for the other person to be even more blessed because they were given the opportunity to do The Big G's work and feel the grace that comes from it.  Pretty powerful stuff if you ask me.  

I'm not one to go on about religion and such so I'll keep it short and to the point - even at my darkest moments, I find that my life goes along a whole lot better when I am grateful for what has come my way and express my gratitude to The Big G on a regular basis.  It reminds me how much I have to be thankful for, that this too shall pass and that it's important to keep up the two way conversation. 


Stay thankful, ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment